Faulty wireless card?

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 17:38:54 UTC 2007

On 09/10/2007, Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:
> I've seen it act like that recently, after waking this laptop from sleep
> (I managed to go 30 days until last week just sleeping it and not
> rebooting... lovely).  I found you can coax it to connect (after the
> stop ; modprobe -r ; modprobe; sleep 2s ; start rigmarole) so long as it
> says "no wireless networks found" or similar by filling in the details
> on "Connect to Other Wireless Network" with your AP SSID and keys.

Yes - I am seeing strange behaviour like that too. What is weird is
that it has been working reproducibly well up until today. Now, no
matter what I do, NM can't assocait with an AP. I am able to get a
network up and running using the system-config-netowkr approach
(suggesting that it isn't, after all, hardware). However, as soon as I
do a /sbin/iwlist scan, the network connection dies and can't be
reestablished until i remove and reload the kernel module.

Odd.

Only thing updated in recent days that may  be involved is
udev-115-4.20070921git.fc7