Random Evolution Crashes

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 03:32:02 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 11:12 +1000, Tony Crouch wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I turned on my machine this morning and it seems Evolution is having a
> few difficulties.
>
> The version of Evolution (and associated plugins) I am using is:
>
> > [tony at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa | grep evolution\*
> > evolution-data-server-1.10.3.1-2.fc7
> > evolution-data-server-devel-1.10.3.1-2.fc7
> > evolution-2.10.3-4.fc7
> > evolution-webcal-2.10.0-1.fc7
>
> It seems to crash randomly, despite working perfect since I first
> installed (Fresh-install that is) of F7 about a week and a half ago.
>
> It gives no warning or error, just closes.
>
> I was wondering if someone might be able to step me through the steps to
> file a bug / incident report for this problem.

Mine does the very same thing, but it auto-generates an email to the
developers containing the trace. I get email back a day later stating
that a bug report has been automatically filed. Pretty nifty. Not sure
what enables this feature. I have these installed:

# rpm -qa |grep evolution
evolution-connector-2.10.3-1.fc7
evolution-webcal-2.10.0-1.fc7
evolution-2.10.3-2.fc7
evolution-remove-duplicates-0.0.2-6.fc7
evolution-data-server-1.10.3.1-2.fc7
evolution-data-server-devel-1.10.3.1-2.fc7
evolution-devel-2.10.3-2.fc7

Hope this helps some, but the bug is annoying as hell. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar