F8T3: Window frames missing

Jochen Wiedmann jochen.wiedmann at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 15:45:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

after upgrading to Fedora 8 Test 3, I have lost my window frames. For
example, gterm opens a window, and I can see the menu, but the frame
around is missing. In particular, I cannot drag or iconize the window.

I have checked my .xsession-errors. It contained error messages that
indicated that NM (Network Manager?) was crashing. I have disabled
Network Manager, and now I have no more error messages, but the
situation hasn't changed.

Another symptom: My desktop hasn't got any background images anymore.
(Before, it had the default background of Fedora 7.)

I have disabled compiz, in case that should be the problem, but no luck.

Any recommendations, what I might do or where to look for error messages?

Thanks,

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)