Cannot mount hard disk

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Oct 10 19:41:01 UTC 2007

> Thanks, Andy. The directory 'lost+found' in /dev/sdc2 is empty. Should I worry?

No... basically fsck (or maybe ext3 itself, I don't know) will stick
orphaned blocks of data in lost+found when it has "fixed" the data
structures in the filesystem so that data is no longer reachable.

It's a sort of last ditch place you can grep for bits of text in lost
files and so on.  If there's nothing in there, it just suggests no
blocks of data were orphaned by the fixes.

-Andy