[Fedora] Re: SELinux Attack!

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Fri Oct 12 16:13:36 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Sure Andy but I think I just proved SELinux IS the problem and it is a
> big problem! I did the suggested relabel and rebooted and the computer
> cam up fast as it should.

Good!

I suggested this to Karl, because I had a situation where messing with
selinux rpms (i.e., uninstalling/reinstalling) had resulted in cups
being disabled. (Everything else worked, apparently.) So don't
immediately dismiss Karl's claims...

> I can not turn OFF SELinux. I just checked and it is still ON!
>
> So please tell me how to turn it off and I will try to uninstall it.

Edit /etc/selinux/config to disable it.

You can not uninstall it entirely.

selinux has improved dramatically. It used to break everything... but it
has matured into a really useful security tool. Personally, I suggest
that you leave it enabled, and learn to identify its quirks.

- Mike