SELinux Attack!

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Fri Oct 12 17:12:31 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 09:13 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Hi I did that and looked at dmesg and it says even though I have tried
> to turn off SELinux 4 times it is still coming up in passive mode! Is
> there a way to for SURE turn off SELinux?

Good Lord, Karl, you've been told I don't even know how many times.
Make your /etc/sysconfig/selinux file look like this:

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#       disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=disabled
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#       targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#       strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

The key line here is:

SELINUX=disabled
--
Thomas Cameron, RHCE, RHCI, CNE, MCSE, MCT
Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?