java install

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Oct 13 07:10:14 UTC 2007

David Timms:
>> Maybe, after a rpm -qa j\*

Mark C. Allman:
> I'm not sure what your question is.  You now have Java installed.  Why
> are you trying to re-run rpm to install after the bin expanded the rpm
> and installed it (via rpm)?

"rpm -q" isn't installing something, it's a query about what's
installed. "rpm -qa j\*" will do a query to list all RPMs that're
installed that begin with the letter j (which presumes that a Java
package does so).

--
(This box runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.