Ipod/Rockbox

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 03:59:15 UTC 2007

Not specifically linux but they do support linux. I got a "broken" 20gb
Ipod and got it working. First thing I did was update the firmware to
Rockbox so I could use my music collection which is all in Ogg. I had to
do the "manual" installation since I was connecting via FireWire instead
of USB but I just followed their instructions and everything works
great! They even provide a x86_64 bootloader patcher.

I'm having a few issues with Fedora/gnome auto mounting the device but a
logout and login seems to be a workaround for now. I get a some sort of
error about HAL and permission denied and "Not in this session". Any
ideas about this would be greatly appreciated.

It's kinda funny. The Ipod (coming from Apple) are known for their
simple intuitive interfaces but with Rockbox I can tune just about
everything! And it's still pretty straightforward.

Richard