SELinux Attack!

Dave Mitchell davem at iabyn.com
Sun Oct 14 19:46:11 UTC 2007

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 11:24:59AM -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>    This all started when I had to turn on SELinux to use a device, so I
> did and there was no problem. So I left it turned on. Then one morning I
> turned on my computer and instead of booting clear up in just one
> minute, it stopped when init tried to turn on "cups".

So the machine had been working successfully for a while with selinux
enabled

[snip]
> When I got home it seemed to be working

So the machine was already working again when before you messed with
selinux.

So neither the start nor the end of your problem coincided with any changes
to selinux.  You then conclude from this that selinux was at fault.

My mind fair boggleth.

--
You're only as old as you look.