Error 16: Inconsistent filesystem structure

Doug Purdy 1der at rogers.com
Mon Oct 15 03:08:26 UTC 2007

Le dim 14/10/2007 à 21:35, Doug Purdy a écrit :
> Le dim 14/10/2007 à 19:39, Mikkel L. Ellertson a écrit :
> > Doug Purdy wrote:
> Hi Mikkel,
>
> Here are the fdisk partitions:
>
> Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
> /dev/sdb1 * 1 5000 40162468+ 83 Linux
> /dev/sdb2 5001 5013 104422+ 83 Linux
> /dev/sdb3 5014 24321 155091510 8e Linux LVM
>
> Partition 1 and 2 are 83 Linux and grub and the fedora .img files are in
> partition 2 which I can mount. I can't mount or link to partitions 1 or
> 3.
>
> To my unknowing eye it seems strange that the Fedora 7 Logical Volume
> Management program shows partition 3 or VolGroup00 to be an ext3 file
> system and LogVol01 to be a 2gig swap file system.
>
> Stranger still is that VolGroup00 is 146 gigs but has only 32 megs free
> after an install and the automatic updating of files.
>
> I suspect these partitions are the original ones I created before
> telling ananconda to erase everything.

Okay, now I am completely confused. I tried to boot from the hard disk
and this time it worked. Nautilus, or whatever the file browser is
called in English, now reports 131 gigs free.

But Logical Volume Management still reports VolGroup00 (sdb3) as having
32 megs free, sdb1 while a type 83 Linux partition has no filesystem and
is not mounted.

The only thing normal is that Nautilus shows the contents of sdb2 (a
type 83 Linux partition) under the /boot directory.

Doug