Wireless in F7 - thank you to kernel and wireless devs

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 07:16:36 UTC 2007

Mike Cohler <mike.cohler <at> gmail.com> writes:

> So this is the first time that all three machines run well using
> wpa_supplicant and it is important to thank all the many people who
> have worked hard at getting the kernel modules going, and also for the
> good work on wpa_supplicant that has made this possible.
>
> I am now looking forward to F8!

Apologies for the typos in the previous post.

It will be really nice when the new ath5k driver is made to work. I guess many
have atheros based wireless cards and even though some people have had the
MADWIFI driver working others, myself included, have not. So an in kernel driver
for these chipsets would be even better - and at this stage a significant
proportion of available wireless chipsets would be easy to get working. I
believe that wireless access was one of the original goals for F7 - and it looks
like at clean install F8 may have achieved this aim.