import/export evolution mail?

arijit sarkar ari_sarkar_1980 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Oct 15 16:49:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 09:07 -0500, Justin Conover wrote:
> If I want to transfer evolution to another box, what is the best way
> to back it up?  I've tried copying the .evolution in my home directory
> but when I bring up evolution it wants me to start from scratch.

In the first machine:
1. In console execute the command to stop all the evolution components,
"evolution --force-shutdown"

2. Then backup the following directories:
~/.evolution
~/.gconf/apps/evolution

In the Second machine:
1. execute "evolution --force-shutdown" to stop all evolution components

2. also execute, "gconftool-2 --shutdown" to stop gconftool components.

3. Copy the directories to the exact location.

4. All the settings, mails should be available in the new machine.

--
arijit sarkar <ari_sarkar_1980 at yahoo.co.in>