Install FC2 in external HD + boot via floppy

Afonso Duarte duartenl at yahoo.com.br
Tue Oct 16 15:05:04 UTC 2007

Dear All,

  I have been using FC2 for some time and now i am interested in installing it in my Toshiba 1400-103.

  Because i still need to use XP - :( - i am interested on placing the FC2 on a external HD and keep the XP on the internal disk. The problem on this is that my laptop does not boot from the usb... :( so I was thinking of creating a boot floppy that could contain the main kernel of FC2 and place the file system on the disk.

  I have been looking around the web for some examples on how to create the floppy but I haven't came across something similar ... did any of you tried this approach? do you have any suggestion on how to do this?

  Thanks

  PS: I found some small linux distributions that do fit in one disk... but i really need a full working distro like FC2 for the software i am going to run on the laptop, so those ones will not do the job.

  Duarte