Install FC2 in external HD + boot via floppy

Antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 15:32:47 UTC 2007

2007/10/16, Afonso Duarte <duartenl at yahoo.com.br>:
> Dear All,
>
> I have been using FC2 for some time and now i am interested in installing it
> in my Toshiba 1400-103.
>
> Because i still need to use XP - :( - i am interested on placing the FC2 on
> a external HD and keep the XP on the internal disk. The problem on this is
> that my laptop does not boot from the usb... :( so I was thinking of
> creating a boot floppy that could contain the main kernel of FC2 and place
> the file system on the disk.
>
> I have been looking around the web for some examples on how to create the
> floppy but I haven't came across something similar ... did any of you tried
> this approach? do you have any suggestion on how to do this?
>
> Thanks
>
> PS: I found some small linux distributions that do fit in one disk... but i
> really need a full working distro like FC2 for the software i am going to
> run on the laptop, so those ones will not do the job.
>
> Duarte
>
>  Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail, o único sem limite de espaço para
> armazenamento!
> --

I created a boot CD....but maybe that you have to use mkinitrd to
pre-load USB.In recent days, it was not necessary any longer, but I
mean at least for FC5...Why don't you jump to a more recent Fedora.
If you like I can send you the small file and some
instructions.....(tnx to John Austin, where are you John???)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag