Running Wireless and Wired eth connections at the same time

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Oct 18 02:17:58 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:

>> Since responding with one liners isn't helpful and you don't want to
>> spoon
>> feed people but want to be paid to be "really" helpful...then try not
>> posting.  It will be easier for all involved.
>
> It would be easier for all (including the beginners) if people with
> problems made a decent effort to find out for themselves. There's not
> much here that google doesn't already know about.

Sure...but this is the "real world" and we all know that isn't going to
happen no matter how many times it is suggested or how many "read before
posting" notices are set.

So, IMHO, if you are unwilling or unable to provide good advice then it is
best to provide no advice at all.

> If people took a few minutes to google, they'd have their answers before
> their questions got an answer, and that would be better for them.

Well, maybe.  What happens when the person does the google and then gets
conflicting answers or an answer that conflicts with your answer?  I think
we all know that one cannot easily separate the correct from the incorrect
in google response and that there certainly is a ton of bad information out
in the internet world.

>> FWIW, haven't you ever been a newbie?
>
> yes, Ed. I said so. I also described how I learned to feed myself.

Don't open a soup kitchen.  :-)