kde 3.5.8 for fc6?

Paul Lemmons paul.lemmons at tmcaz.com
Thu Oct 18 19:48:21 UTC 2007

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: kde 3.5.8 for fc6?
From: Olaf Mueller <daily-planet at istari.de>
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Date: 10/18/2007 12:06 PM

> Strong wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:53:39 +0200 Olaf Mueller
>> <daily-planet at istari.de> wrote:
>>> But using fedora for a desktop is laborious, that's my opinion.
>>> I will have a look at the next upcoming linux desktop with long life
>>> support. That means 3 years of silence, marvellous.
>> I ponder the same problem. Is there any idea on what will the linux
>> be?
> The next kubuntu version, I belief April 2008, with long term support
> for desktop, that mean 3 years.
> It's a shame cause of fc6 is here running very stable as my desktop. It
> recognizes all my hardware and everything performes just fine.
>

> regards
> Olaf

There are lots of distros out there. Fedora is just one of them. Each
have a character that makes them unique and desirable. If you want
stable, supported and static choose a distro that has those
characteristics. CentOS comes to mind. If you are a junkie for the
newest of everything, and three days without an update of something
(even if it is something you never use) causes you to have the jitters,
go with Fedora. If you like to pick and choose every detail and package
and to spend hours listening to the fan in your laptop whine while you
compile everything from scratch choose Gentoo. If you like stability and
long cycles between major component updates choose Ed-X-K-Ubuntu. If you
hate proprietary anything choose BSD.

It makes no sense to me that anyone who chose Fedora would be upset that
support cycles are short and updates are frequent. That is what you
bought into when you chose Fedora over the other distros.

There is something for everyone. Choose wisely what fits your need.
Don't complain when you choose to be on a fast train and it is moving fast.