kde 3.5.8 for fc6?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 18 23:47:57 UTC 2007

Olaf Mueller:
>> The next kubuntu version, I belief April 2008, with long term support
>> for desktop, that mean 3 years.

Strong:
> But I've heard it is not an rpm-based one, is it?

*Ubuntu is based upon Debian Linux, they have their own scheme of
things.  But, you can install some things from rpm files if you want to,
if you happened to have found something precompiled, for another distro,
that you wanted.

If you wanted to use precompiled packages, I'd say that Fedora and
Ubuntu are probably your best bet for having lots of things available
for you.

> I got a habit with the RH-ones since their 5-6 versions. And would use
> fedora had it more period support. I don want centos as they lack
> number of packages even that fedora has...

There are some extra repos for CentOS, and you can compile other things.
Do you really want all that's on offer, though?  It may just seem better
because there's a large number of packages available, but if all the
core things that you want to use are there, that's the important thing.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.9-91.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.