Grub Manual

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 01:23:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 15:46 -0700, Alan M. Evans wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 16:34 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >     I put the first part of a manual for Grub on this list and all I get
> > is shit from you all about a mis-understanding about what a root
> > directory is. I can change that with ease to something you all can live
> > with.
>
> Karl, look in the mirror. It was only a big deal because somebody did
> point it out to you and you called him "stupid" instead of taking it as
> constructive criticism.
>
> >     Now will you please read the whole dam thing and tell me what else
> > you think is wrong?
>
> Why would anybody do that? So you can call them "stupid" as well?
>
> >     According to me the /dev/sda5 and /dev/sda6 partitions  each have a
> > root directory. If you feel this is wrong then what is right?
>
> I would call it the root of a partition, although there are probably
> better terms. It is *not* "The root directory" and it is *not* "/".
> Neither of these labels is accurate or correct, and they are extremely
> likely to be confusing to a learner and misinterpreted.

It might be better to just encourage Karl to make his offerings to Rahul
and, once they pass muster, then it'll become gleefully posted as an
official Fedora HOW-TO, with of the attendant notices, announces,
accolades and ribbons with Seals of Approvals attached.

Surely Universal Peace and Brotherhood will ensue. . ;) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar