How to find what interfaces Samba is using?

Lux Zhang yuanlux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 06:18:28 UTC 2007

On 19/10/2007, Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> wrote:

> On 18Oct2007 11:51, Chris G <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> | I have some vmware guests on my Fedora 7 system and they use Samba on
> | the Fedora host to access files on the host.
> | I'd like to know what interface(s) samba is using for connections from
> | the vmware guests, does anyone know how I can do this?

Here are part of smb.conf file. I just add all smaba interfaces (host-only
and NAT) in to smb conf. it works well. if you need more, I can send you my
exple smb.conf for vmware.

# workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
        workgroup = MYGROUP
;   interfaces = 192.168.12.2/24 192.168.13.2/24
        interfaces = vmnet8 vmnet2 vmnet1 vmnet3

==============================
[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        browseable = yes
        writeable = yes

#[USBG]
#       comment = USBG
#       path = /mnt/USBG
#       writeable = yes
#       browseable = yes
#;      guest ok = no

[PROJECTS]
        path = /data/PROJECTS
        writeable = yes
        browseable = yes
        comment =
;       guest ok = no

"netstat -an | grep ESTABLISHED" should show the existing samba