KDE confusion under F7

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Oct 19 15:20:29 UTC 2007

On Friday 19 October 2007, John Summerfield wrote:
> Where were you when NULL came out?

I was a Red Hat Beta Tester at the time.  I remember (NULL) quite well.  Not
sure of former Beta Test NDA status, or I would ask where you were when
REDACTED came out. :-)

Fedora 7 is a very different beast; (NULL) is ancient history.  Let's let that
be water under the bridge; Fedora is a much more friendly place for KDE than
it once was.  I look forward to seeing KDE 4 on F9 when it comes around!
(hopefully KDE 4 will come around in time for F9)

Rex is helping with F7 KDE directly, and his work shows in the very usable,
very kde-redhatish, F7 KDE that I use daily.  Thanks a bundle, Rex!

Now, if you install PlanetCCRMA you will see a difference, but that's a
completely different story.  'nando has a different audience; getting a
useful Ardour/JAMiN signal chain for my multitrack audio production use is
more important to me than some other purist ideas I might have.....
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer