Newbie still learning

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 01:41:59 UTC 2007

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> What, and give up procmail filtering?  You must be joking. ;)
>> Who said you have to do that?  I fetchmail 3 servers, and procmail
>> acts on all of them interchangeably.
>
> Ahh, so you can use POP3 with a gmail account then?  So what's the
> benefit of using it over any other email address if you're pulling it
> all down to the same place?

A nice touch is that you can configure gmail to 'archive' a copy as you
download with pop so you can read/reply/delete with your favorite mail
program and if you ever want to find something you've deleted locally
you can use the gmail web interface to search/read the archived copies.
It's not quite as nice as IMAP but still pretty nice.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com