Transfer F7 partition to a new hard disk

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 05:25:26 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 23:15 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> Now I have all my F7 partition copied in a partition in the new disk.
> Grub is installed in the new disk. However, I always get booted in the
> F7 partition in the old disk. Any ideas?
>
> Paul

If you want the new partition to be the bootable one, you need to use
e2label to give it whatever the label was of the original partition, and
then remove the label of the original partition.

The other thing you may want to check would be /boot/grub/device.map.
Make sure the grub devices match the linux devices, and make sure
that /etc/grub.conf is pointing to the right device.

Jonathan