GRUB discussion follow up ?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Oct 21 16:20:00 UTC 2007

Thank you Mike:

On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 09:05 -0700, Mike Wright wrote:
> William Case wrote:
[snip]
> > I am interested in the hardware/software interface of booting.  Is there
> > anything additional I should know about this partition-locating process?
> >

> http://www.ata-atapi.com/hiwtab.htm

This URL seems to have everything (or at least a start place for
everything).  I particularly liked the opening line,

"PLEASE READ THIS: This following information is only the most basic of
the basics. The most important thing to remember about partition tables
is that there are no published standards. ata-atapi.com does not
attempts to keep up with all the silly and stupid things that OS
developers are doing in partition tables."

--
Regards Bill