DHCP & DNS

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 22 00:00:56 UTC 2007

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:49:54 -0400
"Jacques B." <jjrboucher at gmail.com> wrote:

> It doesn't cause any problems to use it in one's host file as long as
> there isn't a site also by that domain name that you wish to visit.

One problem that I can think of that this would cause outside of his own
private network would be with spam filtering.  k5di.com will likely appear
somewhere in his email headers (depending what client he is using) and when
that returns nxdomain his email could bounce or be scored up.  Moreso if
someone actually did register k5di.com for whatever reason, and set up a SPF
record for it.

On the other hand, that wouldn't inconvenience anyone other than Karl (and the
rest of us here who would have to listen to him moan about how nobody accepts
his email, of course.)