F7, F7.92 install failed on C2D G33 platform

Mitsuho Iizuka m-iizuka at cp.jp.nec.com
Tue Oct 23 04:56:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

From: John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>
Subject: Re: F7, F7.92 install failed on C2D G33 platform
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:45:25 +0800

> Couldn't say, without more info on the peecee. Make, model would help.
> Also, the final messages.

My PC is GA-G33M-DS2R(Gigabyte at Taipei?). Problem seems to be just only
X Driver issue(x-driver-intel?) not supporting G33(GMA3100) chip maybe
(up to 965?). F7 and F7.92 installer, after switching to X, put colorful
and nonsence picture on my LCD screen. I can not go forward then.

> Since you have the problem with f8test3, then the fedora-test is a good
> place to talk about it, and if you're really really quick you might get
> a usable bug report in in time for it to be fixed before the ISOs go out
> RSN.

Regarding G33 issue, as code freeze will be soon(1 Week?), it is
worthless to hurry ?

> We've not established the one you have doesn't work yet. Try the

May I ask ?
What do you mean above 'not established the one I have doesn't
work yet' ?

> fedora-test list, and give clear info about what hardware you have, in
> case someone wants to buy a computer just like yours. (They won't, but
> likely someone has one).
>
> Oh, not test messages, okay? Subscribe if you need, compose your email
> and send it. You'll see if it goes, and it's in your sent folder in case
> you need to try again.

Thank you for your kind advise above.

// M.Iizuka