/dev/sda and /dev/hda

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Oct 24 00:39:00 UTC 2007

Jacques B. wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>> See http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f7/en_US/sn-Kernel.html
>>> for more info on that.
>>>
>>> Jacques B.
>>>

>>     All the page you reference does is tell us that /dev/sdx will be used.
>>

>>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>>
> Indeed because that was all I could address.  I was pointing out that
> /dev/hd? no longer exists in F7 (you were still using it in your
> posting).  Without doing some digging I am not able to answer the
> other part of your question as I  also do not know.
>
> Jacques B.

OK. Perhaps this IS a new thing that should NOT be happening. I view it
as a bug and will report it to bugzilla in the morning. It is repeatable
and frustrating if your trying to write a part in your /grub/grub.conf
to boot it. You have to write to use /dev/sdf while booting but then use
/dev/sda thereafter which IS a real pain.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User