Rootkit

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Wed Oct 24 00:37:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 18:24 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >>     Hi Rick and thank you! I was a Navy pilot and we had a guy sitting
> >> on the edge of the deck watching us land. He had a radio that he would
> >> yell "wheels!!" if we forgot. I never got called.
> >>
> >>     Yes I will try it from level 3 and see if it finds anything.
> >>

> > I'm a pilot, too.  Fortunately, my Comanche has a horn that sounds when
> > I throttle back with the gear up.  It doesn't have a stall warning
> > horn though.  Go figure.
> >

> Well Rick both horns are honking at the same time as you land and it
> confuses you! The Navy I think tried both stall and wheels but it didn't
> work at all well because we do go into a stall when landing :-)

Gawd, I HOPE you're not in a stall when doing a carrier trap!  That'd be
REAL bad if you miss the wire!  Traps should be what amounts to
controlled, power-on crashes.

Ok, we're getting way off the subject here.  Let's stick to chkrootkit!

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-              Death is nature's way of dropping carrier             -