F7 on Vostro 1700

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 24 15:17:34 UTC 2007

Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> F7 doesn't seem to install itself. The DVD/CD-ROM drive seems to need a
> driver for the install setup and I don't know which driver chose from
> the list.
>
> ANy idea ?
Did the machine come with any OS installed ?

Can rescue mode {tab linux rescue} give you access to the disk ?

Can you fdisk, and then create new dos partition table, write - and then
try the installer {I assume you are intending to repartition and format
the disk}

If the disk adapter is newer than the F7 release, an updates.img
extension to the installer might have included further info

Would you like to use the re-spin iso made by an external project around
2007-09 which might include newer drivers ?

Would you like to try with F8t3 ? {then the developers could have
attention brought to any issue before F8's imminent release}.

DaveT.