Bug report

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 15:20:06 UTC 2007

<snip>
> > You should really cancel that report, and start again with a coherent
> > bug report, and pick a more likely cause behind the problem.  I'd guess
> > udev would be a better item to first bugzilla it against.
> >

>     I am sorry you don't like my bug report. But I have to say what you
> complain about makes no sense either. Now I expect whom ever is assigned
> that bug will have questions. Then I will answer them.
>

>         Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

I may be wrong but I would expect that either it gets sent to the bit
bucket right away, or they send you a message requesting that you
provide more information before they can even determine if it warrants
them looking into it.  I don't see them spending any time trying to
decipher what you filed when there are no doubt numerous other bug
reports pending or currently being worked on as well as coming in that
contain sufficient details to allow them to deal with those properly.

You may know exactly what you are talking about.  You may have even
articulated some of that in some postings on this list.  But it is
definitely not clear at all what you are talking about in that bug
report and they most likely won't dig through the archives to see if
you provided extra info on the list.

Help the developers help you by taking Tim's suggestion to pull that
report and take the time to articulate a detailed bug report.  If it's
not worth your time to do that then it's not worth their time to try
and solve it.

Jacques B.