John Bradley bradleyjaj at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 26 01:43:44 UTC 2007

Hi All,

Can someone please help me?

In my enthusiasm to clean up my system and remove some "unwanted"
software, I've managed to disable Xwindows.  It no longer starts
automatically and I'm unable to start it from the command line.

There's data that I really need and can still see it using the command
line, but I obviously need a GUI to access and use the data.  I have
backups, but they're not as current as I'd like.

All suggestions and advise will be greatly appreciated!

Feeling very stupid and sorry for myself...   :-(

Cheers
JB.