John Bradley bradleyjaj at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 26 02:30:46 UTC 2007

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your prompt response.  As for learning my lesson, here's
hoping!!

The message displayed when trying to "startx" is as follows:

"xauth:  creating new authority file /root/.serverauth.2517
xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): no server "X" in PATH

Use the -- option, or make sure that /usr/bin is in your path and that "X"
is a program or a link to the right type of server for your display.
Possible server names include:

Xorg   X.org  displays

xinit: Server error."

Please explain "Booting to init 3"....