libraw1394 update issues.

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Oct 26 05:40:49 UTC 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 12:54:11PM -0400, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Sergey Katalichenka wrote:
> > I can not update the libraw1395 with the following error:
> >
> > file /usr/lib/libraw1394.so.8.1.1 from install of
> > libraw1394-1.2.1-10.fc7 conflicts with file from package
> > libraw1394_8-1.2.1-9_10.fc7
> >
> > Anyone has seeing this before?
>
> You appear to have enabled the ATrpms repo.  Unfortunately, they're
> providing a conflicting package.  You may want to try the atrpms list
> for more info.
>
> If it were me, I'd try removing libraw1394_8-1.2.1-9_10.fc7 to see
> what required it.  Hopefully, you can easily remove it and then
> install the Fedora update.  If not, you'll have to work out which one
> you want to exclude and play games with yum.
>
> You may also find some apps break depending on which of these
> libraw1394 packages the app was compiled with.  Fun stuff.

Indeed, and actually the ATrpms' versions of ieee1394/libraw/libdc are
the old ones that are known to work with all ffmpeg derivatives
including and project embedding ffmpeg into its source code. So if
you're actually using firewire with for example mythtv, you need to
"downgrade". See also

http://wiki.linux1394.org/JujuMigration
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net