BIOS upgrading

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 18:47:01 UTC 2007

On 10/26/07, Marcel Janssen <korgull at home.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After installing fedora on my system, I was no longer able to boot in windows
> (or fedora). It seemed grub failed due to a bad BIOS, so I was in need for a
> BIOS upgrade.

Karl has a point, what concludes you to believe it is your BIOS?  When
you say PC does not boot, where does it fail?  Before grub, during
grub, post grub?  Can you enter your BIOSto see if it sees your drive
properly?

One solution to try would be booting from a rescue CD and
re-installing grub.  If you simply want to get Windows back up
initially you can run fdisk /mbr which will cause the master boot
record to be re-written for Windows. So Windows should boot up fine
again. If it does, then your issue is not likely your BIOS.

Jacques B.