Mplayer,livna, and MRL formated dvd's Q

Gene heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Oct 27 20:13:39 UTC 2007

Background;

My daughter is losing the battle with cancer, and one of the medications she
was issued, maybe more than one, comes with an instructional dvd that is
in .MRL format.  I never heard of it but,

I go looking for mplayer to install on this F7 lappy, finally finding a link
to mplayerhq.hu that worked at about 2k/second on a dsl circuit, got the
livna-release-7.2.rpm and installed it.  It doesn't work with the smart
package manager, and it causes yumex to lock so tight a powerdown reboot was
required to get rid of yumex.

So once again livna ate my lunch, even a relabel would not fix the read-only
status of my smart database.  This machine is uptodate as of last night.

I finally removed the livna-release-7.1.rpm cuz it also crashed yumux.

So how do I go about getting mplayer to install on an uptodate F7 lappy with a
64 bit turion running the i386 f7 install?

We really would like to be able to read about these medications.

--
Cheers. Gene
"There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty: