Yum on several machines

Juerg Ritter juerg_ritter at bluewin.ch
Sun Oct 28 21:38:59 UTC 2007

Hi

I have never done something like this, but i was thinking about this
issue too. I came up with the idea using a proxy server like squid which
is caching the downloaded rpm's and rpm headers. I have never tried it
to be honest, but this would probably work, what do you think? On this
way, you don't have to set up a local mirror, only the packages which
are really needed will be downloaded and cached.

What do you think?

Cheers, Juerg