nvidia

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 00:38:35 UTC 2007

Alan Cox wrote:

>> In any case the result would just be that nvidia owners won't be able to
>> run Linux.  And the real question is, why do you want that - or even to
>> make it more difficult than necessary for those users?
>
> A very strange argument. Applied to movies you'd argue we should all be
> able to pirate them as charging makes it difficult for the users ?

There's no piracy involved here as nvidia gives the drivers away and
permits redistribution.  It is the Linux side that makes their product
difficult or impossible to use, with the obvious effect that the
majority of users keep running Microsoft products and the rest of us
have to put up with the resulting virus-laden machines.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com