nvidia

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 29 07:38:22 UTC 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:29:46 +0800
Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> > If you depend on proprietary software, then Linux is not for you.  Microsoft
> > and/or Apple products are a much better fit for your needs.
>
> Never did care that much for blanket statements.
>
> If I depend on say "Oracle" and since Oracle is proprietary I should not run
> it on Linux?

You are taking a general statement and applying it to a very specific
circumstance.

In the particular case cited, Linux may indeed be the answer you seek.
However, in general terms, the solutions that folks like Les are looking for
can be most easily found in places other than Linux.  Microsoft and Apple are
the two largest examples of such places.