nvidia

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 09:53:44 UTC 2007

on 10/28/2007 11:32 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> David Boles wrote:
>
>> If you find a Linux distribution, a free one, that is different from what
>> your attitude describes will you post the name here?
>
> Most of my machines run Centos, where the interface doesn't change every
> week.
>
>> What is your latest disaster this time anyway? I missed that part of this
>> thread.
>
> My only recent ones have been the kernels that wouldn't boot on IBM MPT
> scsi controllers.  I gave up on fedora on any machine with nvidia or
> firewire long ago.

Is that "IBM MPT scsi controllers" only? That does sound like a possible
bug. Did you write a ticket on that?

Strange. Which version (release) of Fedora? Core 6? Fedora 7? I ask
because I have an Nvidia graphics card and the firewire on my machine.

I was using Nvidia graphics cards when I first tried Linux at RedHat v5.2.
I think it was v5.2. It came with a "Linux for Dummies" book. I built my
current machine around the time of Fedora 7. I, personally, do not have
anything firewire but my son's camcorder works when attached. It did in
Fedora 7 and still does in Fedora 8.
--

  David