nvidia

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 29 18:01:16 UTC 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:00:36 +0000
Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:

> Apparently the concern historically has been explained that they will
> lay themselves open to patent attacks by showing in the source what they
> are actually doing.

That sounds like a very odd explanation, if indeed that is the way that they
described it.  "I don't want to tell you what I do for a living because I would
have to admit that I'm a burglar."

It seems to me that statement like that could provide "probable cause" (or
whatever the correct term is) for a patent holder to get a court order to have
those guys checked out for patent violations.