nvidia

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Mon Oct 29 19:40:27 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 11:55 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:23:06 -0400
> Matthew Saltzman <mjs at CLEMSON.EDU> wrote:
>
> > With all due respect, sir, you don't know jack about my requirements,
> > limitations, and objectives, or what environment I work in, or what
> > tools are available in my field, or what I may or may not be in a
> > position to do about it.
>
> You could always try open hostility.  It's highly recommended as a great way to
> get others to assist you with your problems.

This thread isn't about assistance.  It's not even about rational
discourse anymore.

I'm sorry, I assumed you were being deliberately provocative.  I
couldn't think of any other rationale for your remarks.  Were you
seriously suggesting that because I happen to have hardware that needs
drivers that are only available in proprietary form, or that I happen to
need Maple or Matlab or other commercial software with no OSS
equivalent, or that my employer uses Exchange, that I have no business
using Linux?

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences