nvidia blues

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 14:38:01 UTC 2007

> That's not quite true.  The Livna packages have had a number of bugs
> that the official NVIDIA driver packages never had.  Most of it has
> been file omissions.

Granted, that can happen, any additional packaging can always introduce
  its own problems (although, to be honest, I cannot remember ever
falling over any myself).

All I can say is in my experience I have had less problems during the
time I used rpms, to the time I didn't. For me the convenience of the
rpms outweighs the possibility of a few additional packaging bugs.

My point was more to clarify that they aren't completely different
drivers, as Karl seems to think.

Chris