Excessive network traffic -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Oct 30 15:09:12 UTC 2007

Ed Greshko wrote:
> May I make a simple suggestion as it sounds as if you are fighting a battle
> that will continue to be fought?  Keep in mind that I forgot the family
> dynamics in play.
>
> Is your connection to the internet ADSL?  If so, why not just get a second
> phone line for ADSL only and another ISP account that is dedicated to the
> twins to use.  Maybe you can get it for a discount as you have one account
> already and maybe you can get them a lower usage level.  If they use it up,
> so be it.  You are unaffected.  Your choice as to who pay the freight.

The family dynamics are good, everyone is cooperating, the kids I can
manage.

ADSL and Cable are not options in this rural area.  It's either the
satellite connection or Verizon dial-up.  We suffered with dial-up for
several years, we had two lines actually, canceled those and changed to
this Wildblue account which works well normally.

I need to find what is driving the usage numbers, they were dropping
until about a week ago.  The solution may be to put the boys back on a
dial-up or their mother may just leave them without internet?  But that
doesn't define/identify the problem.

Bob Goodwin

.