nvidia

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 18:22:41 UTC 2007

Craig White wrote:

>>> They do?
>> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp puts Linux at 3%.
>> Somewhere I thought I saw that current sales were around 8% Mac compared
>> to the overall 3.8% though.
> ----
> those numbers just don't look right. I refuse to believe that Win98 is
> and has been under 1% and Vista is so small.

Vista has not been well accepted at the enterprise level.  Something
about changing driver interfaces, perhaps...  Microsoft has been forced
to extend their support for XP and Dell continues to offer it.

> As for Macintosh sales being 8%, I haven't seen any such report...that
> would be a significant increase.

It is significant. They are up 34% this quarter from a year ago with the
PC market only growing at about 15%
http://www.news.com/8301-13579_3-9801997-37.html
And with Leopard they are officially Posix compliant and UNIX 03
registered.  And they have dtrace.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com