F8 ETA?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Oct 30 22:16:12 UTC 2007

John Aldrich wrote:
> On Saturday 20 October 2007, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
>> the f8 is done, but iso images will be released on november.
>>
> Great. Guess I'll wait to upgrade then. :-)

Based on FC6 and FC7, unless you like adventures I would wait until
about a month after the general release. I really don't want to leave
FC6, it is still easier to find software for it than FC7, and I want to
use the machine.

I did an FC8T3 test, and didn't see any reason to move on at the moment.
I wish fedoralegacy hadn't gone from support forever to no support, two
years is often enough to update production machines! I really like FC
better than Ubuntu, and RHEL/WhiteBox/CentOS are just a little too slow
to offer features.

Anyway, unless you have a good reason, I'd wait a bit for support and
zero-day "learning experiences" to happen to someone else.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>