Smolt - Hardware Database - Wiki

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Oct 31 15:36:41 UTC 2007

Harald Hoyer:
>>> I want to encourage you to extend http://smolts.org/wiki/ with entries for problematic hardware.
>>>
>>> How to submit your hardware profile:
>>>
>>> $ smoltGui

Tim:
>> [tim at suspishus ~]$ smoltGui
>> bash: smoltGui: command not found

Harald Hoyer:
> $ rpm -qf /usr/bin/smoltGui
> smolt-gui-....

I was supposed to know to look for a particular filename that I didn't
have, nor was mentioned with an explicit filepath?

> # yum install /usr/bin/smoltGui
>
> or
>
> # yum install smolt-gui

Given the "smoltGui" name already provided, I tried locating it and got
something similar.  I also tried yum install smoltgui, and got nowhere
with it.  I do wish authors would stop playing games with naming files
in almost the same as as each other (e.g. smoltGui, smolt-gui, etc).
It's not very helpful.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.