F8 ETA?

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Wed Oct 31 17:05:42 UTC 2007

On Wednesday October 31 2007 11:47:05 am Paul Lemmons wrote:
> So, the statement of support for *production machines* used in
> the same breath as *Fedora* is simply a misuse of technology.

In my view, you're view is nonsense.
It's your view, for your needs, and that's fine.
Why do you have a felt need to apply a blanket to the whole
community of users based on your perceived needs?
That's where you lost me.

There's someone on this list who is running a cluster of 1000
Fedora boxes in a production environment, as I recall, for a
government agency; why Fedora? As I recall, it had something to
do with a specific driver requirement, or something _like_
that... There are others. I run two Fedora servers in a
production environment, myself.

I could tend to agree with much of what you say until you get so
damn categorical -

But, what this has to do with the ETA of F8, I'm not sure...you
just struck a nerve with that comment above.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA