RPM

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Oct 31 18:25:19 UTC 2007

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
>

>> Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>>> given that that book appears to have not been updated since 2000,
>>> i'd suggest that it doesn't have much value these days, given all
>>> the rpm-related developments that have happened since then.
>>>
>>> rday
>>>

>>    I take rday you know of a newer book in pdf form that we can all
>> make a book of that was written this month
>>

> i'll tell you what, karl.  things will go much more smoothly around
> here if we have a clearly-defined separation of responsibilities.
> now, in *my* case, having been around fedora for years, having used
> rpm for quite some time, and having actually *owned* the
> aforementioned book in treeware form, it will be *my* job to recommend
> that it might not be worth the time or money to get into it given that
> it's seven years old and almost certainly out of date, given
> everything that's happened with rpm since then.
>
> similarly, it will be *your* responsibility to do stupid things to
> your system, complain when it breaks, then offer to write worthless,
> error-filled "tutorials" that will almost certainly inspire readers
> who take you seriously to cause untold damage to their computers.
>
> how about it, karl?  are you good with that?  does that work for you?
>
> rday
> --

> Robert P. J. Day
> Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry
> Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
> http://crashcourse.ca
>
> 	Tell you what rday, if I didn't know better I would guess your age at 8 or 9 years. You are without doubt the most "full of yourself" person I have ever known.
    Every time I write something you find it a driving force to write
your drivel that says well it is too old or to poorly written for me to
read or you can't spend the time because you have so much important work
to do.

    Why don't you do that important work and leave what I write alone?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User