/etc/prelink.cache

Dave Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Wed Oct 31 21:29:25 UTC 2007

I could hear this as either "this file changes too unpredictably, go
ahead and ignore it" or "this file only changes when something
significant happens, it will be a good signal of bad activity,
assuming you keep track of your valid system changes such as yum
updates."

So let's be very explicit. If I never updated my system or installed
new software ever again, would /etc/prelink.cache ever change? Is it a
canary or a cuckoo bird?

Thanks,
Dave