changing intrd

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Sep 6 01:45:41 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
< innovative usage of specialized programs>

The best way to install on a new computer is using the installer which
will do the lifting.

mkinitrd, dd and all of the other programs have usage for certain tasks.
  Installation duplication is not really something that I would attempt.

There are other tools which allow you to make customized installation
media which are part of the distribution. You might investigate these
programs to fulfill your interest in reducing the installation followed
by massive updates if the released media for Fedora 7 was used.

You could also save the downloaded rpms from previous installations and
make local repos to reduce repeated downloading the updates.

I doubt these programs are defective. They are not really designed for
some of the creative usages which you are attempting to do.

Jim

--
He has shown you, o man, what is good.  And what does the Lord ask of
you, but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly before