changing intrd

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 6 02:27:50 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 18:37 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> I'm just too ignorant to understand all this. But it sure tells me
> all the work I went to making a copy of this f7 is worthless! To
> anyone who wants to copy their Linux to another hard drive and put
> that in another computer might as well stop now. There is zero ways to
> make it work.

That's what you get for jumping in the deep end without practice.
There's little point in wasting a lot of effort on blindly doing
something you don't understand, and without good reason, unless you're
just doing it for the learning exercise.

Why did you not just install onto that other machine instead of trying
to clone a drive?  Even if it worked, you'd have to change a mess of
parameters if you were networking them, they need things to distinguish
them apart.  If you don't have a CD/DVD drive on that system, say so.
There's probably much better ways of working around it.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.4-65.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.